Evidence Specialist Certification Program
PEAF, in partnership with the University of Central Florida (U.C.F.), proudly presents the Certified Evidence Specialist program!
The Evidence Specialist Basic Certification Course is designed to standardize evidence room management and to provide the basic information required for an individual new to the profession. It is not meant to override department policy or current laws.
The target population are Evidence Technicians with less than (2) two years experience in the profession or Evidence Technicians with more than (2) two years of experience that have not previously received the Basic Certification.
Why Should Evidence Technicians Be Certified?
- The capability to have the finest person in this high liability position to reflect the best integrity
- Continued education in the field to include Florida State Statutes relating to Evidence
- Peace of mind that your department meets the established best practices for handling evidence
- Decreased liability to your agency
- Reduce embarrassment to your agency if evidence is mishandled
- A step toward standardization of evidence management
- The Evidence Technician's scope of responsibilities have increased requiring a higher skill level
- Increased knowledge in the maintenance of evidence records retention